The physical environment of a classroom plays an important role in learning. Students require focus during class hours and fatigue getting in the way can make them lose concentration. An ergonomic environment is mandatory for both teachers and students. Apart from the right furniture, using anti-fatigue doormats helps with reducing fatigue and boosts concentration.
Benefits of using mats in the classroom:
- Noise in the learning atmosphere can inhibit focus. Kids especially are always excited and run around. Having mats dampens the sounds from their shoes and reduces noise pollution.
- Slips and falls are one of the leading causes of classroom injuries. Anti-slip mats provide a safe environment for teachers and students and reduce the risk of falls.
- Mats provide a comfortable area to sit and stand on. Standing and sitting for hours on concrete floor cause musculoskeletal disorders.
- Mats make the cleaning job easier. There is less cleaning required when we lay mats in heavy traffic areas of the room. Students can scrape dirt and moisture off their shoes onto the mat before entering the classroom which prevents the room from getting messier.
Anti-fatigue mats for better concentration:
If you are looking for anti-fatigue mats online, check out Ultimate mats. They are one of the top manufacturers in the US featuring high-quality, long-lasting mats. Try their best-seller logo mats for classrooms. You can incorporate your school name, logo, welcome message, or an inspirational quote to motivate and brighten the day of students every time they enter the classroom.
Other types of mats suitable for classrooms:
- Carpet mats: Carpet mats are available in a wide range of attractive color options. They look inviting and create a cozy vibe that calms down students’ nerves even on their exam days. You can lay them on the entrance, in high traffic areas, or front of the board.
- Plush carpet mats: These super-soft mats are effective in absorbing 50% more moisture than their counterparts. The back part of the part is equipped with suction that prevents it from moving when we step on them. They are durable and withstand heavy traffic.
- Scraper mats: Scraper mats are solely designed to trap dirt, debris, and moisture from the sole of our shoes. They are ideal for both indoors and outdoors. Place one at the classroom entrance to control the number of pollutants that make their way into the classroom.
Need for anti-fatigue mats:
Students spend about 70% of their day sitting. This long sitting-time coupled with poor diet choices is one of the main reasons for obesity. On average 30% of students in a classroom were found to be obese. Schools have the responsibility of providing a healthy physical lifestyle. Lately, more schools are encouraging students to stand up more to burn more calories.
Using standing desks keep the students more alert, improves participation, enhances student behavior, and promotes the overall physical and mental well-being of the students. Invest in high-quality anti-fatigue mats from reputable sellers for your classroom and provide a healthy atmosphere for students and teachers.